Cooperation programme between HPO and EPO within the frameworks of the National Action Plan (NAP)
Based on strategic reasons, the European Patent Office (EPO) established the European Patent Network (EPN) with 37 member states in 2006, to support the efficiency of the European patent system.
The main activities of the EPN are:
- Utilization of the knowledge and work created by the member states to enhance the efficiency of the patent system
- Establishing a European quality control system
- Setting up Cooperation Agreements (Action Plans) between EPO and the member states to support the effective work of the patent system
The National Action Plan of the Hungarian Patent Office focuses on top priority fields for both the European Union and Hungary in order to support the usage of the national and European patent system. The main fields of the projects in the Action Plan are:
- Raising IP awareness of SMEs
- Supporting conversations and the flow of information about IP on a national level
- Exploitation of IP both in the public and private sectors
EPO finance 75% of the budget of the National Action Plan projects.
More information about EPN: http://www.epn-cooperation.org/