Novelty Search with preliminary Patentability Report
Terms of reference
Within the scope of the Novelty Search with preliminary Patentability Report patent and other documents will be disclosed and delivered showing to be relevant on the novelty and inventive step of the invention presented by you, furthermore a detailed explaining opinion will be provided on whether the invention meets the requirements of patentability, i.e. the invention appears to be novel and to involve an inventive step over the cited documents and to be industrially applicable.
The opinion on whether the invention meets the patentability criteria is based on comparative analysis, same to methods on which Preliminary Examination Reports are carried out within the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) practice.
- by disclosing the chances of patentability before a patent application is lodged, you can save time, money and tiredness.
- gives an authentic prognosis on the patentability of the invention, which is especially important when during the search a strongly relevant document (very close to the subject of the invention) has arisen.
- gives authentic comparative grounds for preparing a good patent application, for ensuring the broadest protection.
- for ensuring the priority of an already lodged application it can be important to know as soon as possible the chances for lodging the application in other countries.
- you can assess the degree of inventiveness of your application, therefore can determine how remote or neighbouring is your invention to the known art.
Description (search, analysis, report)
The Novelty Search and the Report is carried out on the basis of the description and drawings (if any) presented by you, where the technical solution should be clearly disclosed in English, German, French or Hungarian language. There is no need of a regular patent application, but if a Novelty Search with preliminary Patentability Report is requested it may be helpful to formulate the features of the invention as one or more patent claims, unless the patentability opinion could be less accurate and authentic.
The Novelty Search is performed in specific technical area systemized and up-to-date databases of patent and non-patent literature.
The Novelty Search will contain a brief summary of the cited documents, and their relation to the invention will be shown by means of international applied relevant category codes, i.e. X, Y and A.
In the preliminary Patentability Report a detailed explaining opinion will be provided on whether the invention meets the requirements of patentability over the cited documents (state-of the art), i.e. the invention appears to be novel, to involve an inventive step and to be industrially applicable. The argumentation will contain a comparative analysis of the invention and the cited documents, conducted on the basis of the currently accepted patent examination practice. The opinion regarding the patentability criteria will follow the structure of the description of the invention (based on the claims, if claims were submitted).
A copy of every cited document will be attached to the Novelty Search.
The fee of the service per invention is 195.000 Ft (approx. 780 EUR) + 25% VAT, which includes all the costs related to the service, especially the cited documents copy costs.
The Patentability Report is under given circumstances in the shortest possible period of time, but within 4 weeks from the day on which the request was filed.