Invitation for the Press to the opening ceremony and press conference of the Conference on the training of United Patent Court judges and to visit the rooms of the new Training Centre
The Hungarian Intellectual Property Office and the European Patent Office have the honour to invite you to the opening ceremony and press briefing of the Conference on the training of United Patent Court judges and to visit the rooms of the new Training Centre.
It is one of the results of the negotiations leading to the reform of the European patent system, and one of great importance for Hungary, that the facilities for the Training Centre of the Unified Patent Court (UPC) will be situated in Budapest. The Training Centre of the new international judicial forum of the European continent will operate as an office coordinating the training and further training of judges and candidate judges of the UPC.
At the conference organized on the occasion of the opening of the Training Centre participants will discuss not only the functions of the centre, but also European patents with unitary effect, and the system of new European patent courts which is expected to start operating in 2015, as well as the tasks undertaken by Hungary in this respect.
Date: 13 March 2014 from 9.30 am
Venue: Magyarság Háza
Budapest, 1014 Szentháromság tér 6. Hungary
At the official opening of the two days conference welcoming speeches will be held by:
- Mr Tibor Navracsics, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Public Administration and Justice
- Mr Zoltán Cséfalvay, Minister of State of the Ministry for National Economy
- Mr Benoît Battistelli, President of the European Patent Office
- Mr António Campinos, President of the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market
- Mr Miklós Bendzsel, President of the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office
Keynote speeches will be delivered by:
- Mr Paul van Beukering, Chairman of the UPC Preparatory Committee (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation of the Netherlands) and
- Mr Olivér Várhelyi, Human Resources and Training Group Co-ordinator of the Preparatory Committee (Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Representation of Hungary to the EU)
The official opening ceremony which is open for the press will be followed by a press conference where individual interviews can be made with the participants of the press conference.
Following the press conference representatives of the press will be invited to a walk: they can visit the rooms of the Training Centre of Judges on the second floor of Magyarság Háza.
Participation is subject to accreditation.
Dorottya Vannai communication officer, Hungarian Intellectual Property Office
Email: dorottya  vannai  hipo  gov  hu